The Mite-y Angels - a Society of Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML)
LWML Mission Statement: As Lutheran Women in Mission, we joyfully proclaim Christ, support missions, and equip women to honor God by serving others.
Mite-y Angels Monthly Meeting
10 June 2023 at 10a
Pictured l-r: Linda Olson, President; Julia Ahlquist, Treasurer; Rochelle Beaupre, Secretary. Not pictured: Robin Friesheim, Vice-President.
5 November 2022 - Mid Hudson Zone Fall Gathering at Saint Timothy
President: Linda Olson
Vice-President: Robin Friesheim
Treasurer: Rochelle C. Beaupré
Secretary: Rochelle C. Beaupré
Recognizing a need and desire for involvement in community and worldwide projects, the
Mite-y Angels at St. Timothy was established in June of 2009, with officially becoming a LWML Society on April 24, 2010. The Mite-y Angels meet on the second Saturday monthly to plan for upcoming events, discuss future projects and utilize time in fostering leadership among the women. We place an emphasis on spiritual growth, mentoring, mission, outreach, projects and special events.
Listed below are some of our current and past projects:
1. Love INC
2. Meals on Wheels
3. Stamp collection to benefit the LWML Atlantic District Interpreter's Fund for the Deaf
4. Provide food and monies for the animals at the Hyde Park Animal Shelter.
5. Provide an annual "Backpack and School Supplies" drive for Hyde Park schools
6. Donations in response to natural disasters.
7. Adopt-a-Family at Thanksgiving and Christmas
8. Donations to Mercy Ships
9. Donations to Grace Smith House
10. Donations to Concordia Seminary Guild, St. Louis, MO (aids seminary students)
11. Adopt a Seminarian at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
12. Annual Coat Drive
13. Donations to Lutheran Braille Workers
14. Donations to Hope on a Mission, Poughkeepsie
15. Adopt-a-Student from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
16. Fundraiser - Soup/Chili Takeout on the first Saturday of winter months
17. Collect eyeglasses for MOST Ministries
18. Christmas gifts for Lutheran Care Center