The Mite-y Angels - a Society of Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML)
LWML Mission Statement: The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church - Missiouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
Mite-y Angels Monthly Meeting
Next Meeting: 13 March 2021 at 10a - meet at church
09 May 2020 - 10am - 1pm Spring Event at St. Timothy featuring Prayer Service
and Guest Speaker from Hope on a Mission -Postponed
2020-2021 Officers: Linda Olson, President; Robin Friesheim, Vice-President; Rochelle Cohen, Secretary; Julia Ahlquist, Treasurer
Mite-y Angels Officers for 2020-2021 l-r: Linda Olson, President; Julia Ahlquist, Treasurer; Rochelle Cohen, Secretary. Not pictured: Robin Friesheim, Vice President
President: Linda Olson
Vice-President: Robin Friesheim
Treasurer: Julia Ahlquist
Secretary: Rochelle Cohen
Recognizing a need and desire for involvement in community and worldwide projects, the
Mite-y Angels at St. Timothy was established in June of 2009, with officially becoming a LWML Society on April 24, 2010. The Mite-y Angels meet on the second Saturday monthly to plan for upcoming events, discuss future projects and utilize time in fostering leadership among the women. We place an emphasis on spiritual growth, mentoring, mission, outreach, projects and special events.
Listed below are some of our current and past projects:
- Silent Auction
- Tag & Bake Sale
- Annual LWML Sunday every October
- Christmas Luncheon/Dinner
- Blood Drive
- In conjunction with the Hyde Park Historical Society our congregation responds annually to request for holiday cookies for the sailors of the USS Roosevelt
- Participated in Lutheran World Relief "Baskets of Promise" providing personal care and fabric kits.
- Stamp collection to benefit the Interpreter's Fund for the Deaf
- Provide food and monies for the animals at the Hyde Park Animal Shelter.
- Grant proposal submitted and approved by the Atlantic District LWML for Art and Music Enrichment Classes for Lutheran Care Center
- Attendance at Atlantic District LWML Convention and Zone meetings
- Established participation in the Linking Care in Congregations
- Provide refreshments for Circuit meetings held at St. Timothy
- Provide an annual "Backpack and School Supplies" drive for Hyde Park schools
- Donations in response to natural disasters.
- Coordination of Fellowship Hour
- Coordination of Adopt-a-Family at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Donations to Mercy Ships
- Donations to Grace Smith House
- Host to Mid-Hudson Zone 2015 Spring Rally
- Donations to Concordia Seminary Guild, St. Louis, MO (provides assistance to seminary students)
- Annual Coat Drive
- Lutheran Braille Workers
- Hope on a Mission
- Adopt-a-Student from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
- Hosted Seminar on Death & Dying led by Rev. Jon Hodges - 12 January 2019
- Hosted Author Talk with Janet Schliff - "What Ever Happened to My White Picket Fence"
- "Making Every Moment Count": - Hospice Speaker - Sophia Sciacca
- Fundraiser - Soup/Chili Takeout on the first Saturday of winter months
- Collect eyeglasses for MOST Ministries
- Christmas gifts for Lutheran Care Center