The Mite-y Angels - a Society of Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML)
LWML Mission Statement: The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church - Missiouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
Mite-y Angels Monthly Meeting
11 August 2018 at 10a
2017-2018 Officers: Linda Olson, President; Robin Friesheim, Vice-President; Rochelle Cohen, Secretary; Julia Ahlquist, Treasurer
4th of July Parade
Fall Fest at Hackett Hill - 22 September
Lutheran Women in Mission Pet food donation to Hyde Park SPCA - 25 February 2018
L-R: Julia Ahlquist, Treasurer; Linda Olson, President; Rochelle Cohen, Secretary
Not pictured: Robin Friesheim, Vice-President
Information about the Helping Hands Knitting Group has moved to the Ministries Page.
Fall Festival at Hackett Hill - September 26, 2015
Father's Day Luncheon - 21 June 2015
Pictures from the Mid-Hudson Zone LWML Spring Rally. Sisters from several congregations met at St. Timothy to share a special day of fellowship. We shared breakfast, was led by Pastor Olson in a prayer service, and participated in making personalized shopping bags. Our special speaker was Joan Berube who presented an interesting talk on "When Beacon was the Hat Capital of the USA". Atlantic District LWML President Lillian Biddle informed us of the missions we are currently funding. Donations were brought in of cat and dog foods that are being donated to the Dutchess County SPCA.
Click on a picture to start slide presentation.
Treasurer: Julia Ahlquist
Secretary: Patty Tompkins
Recognizing a need and desire for involvement in community and worldwide projects, the
Mite-y Angels at St. Timothy was established in June of 2009, with officially becoming a LWML Society on April 24, 2010. The Mite-y Angels meet on the second Saturday monthly to plan for upcoming events, discuss future projects and utilize time in fostering leadership among the women. We place an emphasis on spiritual growth, mentoring, mission, outreach, projects and special events.
Listed below are some of our current and past projects:
- Silent Auction
- Tag & Bake Sale
- Annual LWML Sunday every October
- Christmas Luncheon/Dinner
- Blood Drive
- In conjunction with the Hyde Park Historical Society our congregation responds annually to request for holiday cookies for the sailors of the USS Roosevelt
- Participated in Lutheran World Relief "Baskets of Promise" providing personal care and fabric kits.
- Stamp collection to benefit the Interpreter's Fund for the Deaf
- Provide food and monies for the animals at the Hyde Park Animal Shelter.
- Grant proposal submitted and approved by the Atlantic District LWML for Art and Music Enrichment Classes for Lutheran Care Center
- Attendance at Atlantic District LWML Convention and Zone meetings
- Established participation in the Linking Care in Congregations
- Provide refreshments for Circuit meetings held at St. Timothy
- Provide an annual "Backpack and School Supplies" drive for Hyde Park schools
- Donations in response to natural disasters.
- Coordination of Fellowship Hour
- Coordination of Adopt-a-Family at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Donations to Mercy Ships
- Donations to Grace Smith House
- Host to Mid-Hudson Zone 2015 Spring Rally
- Donations to Concordia Seminary Guild, St. Louis, MO (provides assistance to seminary students)
- Annual Coat Drive
- Lutheran Braille Workers
- Hope on a Mission